2023 – 2024 Workforce Pathways Stipend Program
In Person Enrollment Meeting for NEW Participants Only
You are considered a returning participant if you received a stipend check in the 2022-2023 program year.
Due to limited space, a 24 hour notice of cancellation is required. If anyone is a no show for the day of the enrollment meeting, they will be placed on a waitlist. The Consortium will notify the participant if there is an opening or not, at a later date.
This year’s Stipend Program is for Teachers/Aides and Substitutes working in the classroom directly with children.
You must be working towards your AA/AS or BA/BS degree in Early Childhood Education.
If you already have completed your BA/BS, or Master degree and have a Children’s Center Permit you may do professional growth hours only.
In-Person Meeting Only for New Participants
Saturday, October 7, 2023
i Can Preschool & Child Care
26704 Murrieta Road
Menifee, CA 92585
Check in: 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. / Meeting 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Meeting Starts Promptly at 9:00 a.m. No Late Entry Will Be Admitted
Stipend Program Qualifications:
- Be 18 years of age
- Work in Riverside County as a paid employee
- Employer/Family Child Care Home must receive state funding (State Preschool, APP, or CalWORKs Stage 1, 2 or 3)
- Start working on or before August 15, 2023
- Work with the same employer for 9 months between July 1, 2023 and May 31, 2024
- Participants must provide direct care for at least three children other than their own, for a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Earn less than $60,000.00 gross income per year
¨ Option 1 – College Coursework up to 12 units
¨ Option 2 – 30 hours of Professional Growth only
¨ Option 3 – Both College Coursework up to 12 units and 21 hours Professional Growth
All college courses must be completed with a letter grade of “C” or better to qualify for a stipend and completed on or before 5/31/2024
Please note: If the total amount requested for stipends exceeds funding, the Consortium will notify applicants and stipends will be reduced equitably by a percentage determined by the Riverside County Local Planning Council and the Workforce Pathways Stipend Program Review Committee.