LPC’s Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct an assessment of child care needs in the county no less than once every 5 years.
- Prepare local countywide child care plans designed to mobilize public and private resources to address identified needs.
- Identify local funding priority areas by zip codes for child care services for General Child Care and Development Programs, and the State Preschool Programs for state and federal funds.
- Foster local partnerships with subsidized and non-subsidized providers, human service agencies, local and state children and families commissions, county welfare departments, regional centers, local child care resource and referral programs, job training programs, employers, parent organizations, and other interested parties.
- Collaborate with First 5 Riverside, Riverside County Office of Education and other entities to carry out child care staff retention initiatives.